What is oily hair?
Hair is classified as oily if it is the type that excesses the production of oils and fats, and its texture and appearance are oily, full of dandruff, and oily hair is more attractive to dust than other types of hair.
Therefore, oily hair needs special care different from other hair types.
The causes of oily hair:
- Hair is oily, either by heredity, by environmental factors, or by poor handling of the hair itself and the use of chemicals that are not suitable for it.
- Hair becomes oily if there is excessive use of creams and oils on the hair.
- Stopping washing hair too long can make hair greasy.
- An imbalance in the sebaceous glands or scalp functions that can be the cause of sebaceous hair.
- Hormonal upturns in the body can turn hair into oily type.
Oily hair and methods of care:
- Washing hair daily is suitable for oily hair, as it always needs water and hygiene to get rid of its suture.
- It is preferable to use a shampoo for oily hair that has an average pH level.
- There are medical and natural prescriptions that treat and nourish – – – oily hair without pulling its natural materials.
- Use a clean hair brush free from plankton or oil.
- It is advised not to use materials that contain silicone and are present in artificial hair creams.
Natural recipes for oily hair care:
Oily hair and the effect of apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar protects oily hair from the accumulation of fats or oils. It also removes hair from excess dandruff and prevents the accumulation of bacteria and fungi that can cause scalp diseases or infection. Therefore, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar can be mixed in a large glass of water and rinse with hair After washing it.
Oily hair and aloe vera effect:
Aloe vera is composed of nutrients to prevent hair loss and reduce the production of abundant fat. It can be used by mixing it with lemon in a glass of water and then putting it on the hair.
Balm can be done by mixing aloe vera gel with cucumber pieces and coconut oil and applying the mixture on the scalp from the roots to the ends of the hair.
Black tea for oily hair:
Greasy hair is useful for tannic content in black tea as it works to prevent the accumulation of oils between the folds of hair and leave it clean free from bacteria, fungi and dust.
Oily hair and egg effect:
The eggs and the materials that make up the best natural hair masks, as it nourishes the hair and reduces the percentage of fat produced by the scalp, by placing one egg on the hair for a period not exceeding 15 minutes, and then washing and rinsing it from the effect of the mask well and combing.
Greasy hair and Baking soda:
Baking soda naturally absorbs excess oils from the hair, as well as a balance between acids produced by the scalp, as well as vitamins and minerals necessary for its health and desired shine.
Tips for getting rid of oily hair:
Oily hair becomes with time a crisis for its owner who wants to overcome it or get rid of it. As we mentioned, the fats and oils in the hair increase whenever the individual is less concerned with the scalp or whenever he mishandles it, such as choosing products or chemicals that are not suitable for the hair, causing damage and increased fat. Therefore, the following is recommended:
- Choose a shampoo or cream to match the hair type itself.
- The product is usually applied 10 cm after the start of the hair, while avoiding it touching the scalp because this weakens its strength and then it falls out.
- Stay away from the materials that make up the silicone material to isolate the hair.
- Rinses hair with medium or warm water, because hot water increases hair damage and stimulates the work of fats on the head.
- Use natural oils that absorb oils from the hair at a rate of once per week.
- It is advised not to use electric hairdressers.